Write a list? Things I’ve LEARNED? Um…
- Often food is better in combinations : bitter coffee and a buttery crisp pastry, a sweet figgy preserve with smelly cheese, warm tender lamb with tart orange peel.
- Contrasts create memories that evoke the senses : a cold glass of wine on a warm stoep, the immovable underfoot rock that resists churning storm waves, a cold grey blanket of thunderstorm above the hot rust carpet of savannah.
- Motherhood embraces the worst and the best in human experiences.
- Some people will never change, others are transformed and it happens either in a split second or over a lifetime.
- I thought by now I’d know myself but I’m still learning I think.